*Disclaimer* If it don’t apply let it fly.
I get a lot of inspiration for stories from random musings from friends on social media. Yesterday, [August 15] as I was catching up, I ran across a FB friend who touched a bit on the Evelyn/Chad fiasco. I didn’t expect a man to have such insight or thoughts on the situation so I was pleasantly surprised at his ’5 reasons’.
I thought he had some major points on marriage that didn’t only apply to Chad/Ev, but many other couples that are heading toward that all important step.
Here’s Joseph Stewart’s ’5 Reasons Why Chad And Evelyn’s Marriage Didn’t Work Out And Why Your’s Won’t Work Either.’
5) Hocus pocus love: Ladies are guilty of this. Stop thinking that marriage is a magical cure all for your fiance’s addiction to porn, women chasing, alcohol binging and gambling…lol NOPE! Marriage doesn’t fix those issues. Do better research on the man your going to marry and make a good choice other than “he got good hair grrrrl”:)
4) Arm piece love: Men are guilty of this. Just cause she wears red bottoms and the best weaves does not mean she is marrying material…lol HOW and WHERE ya met here is indicative of the future. If you met her at the Biochemical research lab at NASA well you will have a germ free happy home…BUT if you met her in the strip club and some guy was stuffing a ten spot in her G string…..WELL…don’t stop git it git it:)
3) Wedding hoopla: What sense does it make to go into debt, get a personal trainer to fit your gown/tux, pay for white doves to be released over Times Square, take electric slide lessons and spend the family fortune on the wedding day but spend zero time, money and energy to sustain the relationship AFTERWARDS……..
2) In sickness and in health: It’s not JUST talking about if Hubby/Wifey get’s the measles..It’s talking about the wellness of the relationship. You cant grab your duffle bag and head to moms just cause you have an argument over which reality TV show to watch. Stay and work it out whatever it is! Nowadays couples have ZERO tolerance, ZERO endurance……
1) God: If God ain’t in your relationship, then why the hell are you there! Oh cause he got shoulders and she got hips (waves hand) awww grow up!…
What do you think?! Does Joseph have a valid point?!