It takes a village…of travel planning apps to plan a vacation! If a travel problem exists, there’s an app for that, and it’s probably on my phone! From booking affordable plane tickets to finding quality and inexpensive accommodations, converting currency and more.
I have compiled a list of my favorite travel apps that I personally use at some point of my travel experience that you should be using as well!
So, pull out that phone and download them today!
- Hopper – Hopper is one of my favorite apps for flight booking. Hopper monitors the prices of flights and alerts you to the best times to buy. The app is 95% accurate and guarantees the best time to book a flight. If the price drops, even more, they credit you the difference automatically! I’ve just found out the app also has a hotel watch!
- Skyscanner – Find the very best flight, hotel, and car rental prices from across thousands of sites in just one place! Skyscanner is great for booking affordable flights with the shortest routes, as well as showcasing the best hotel and car deals.
- Google Translate – If you’re spreading your wings and heading internationally to somewhere with a language barrier, this app is a must for you! This app helps to translate about 130 languages and was so helpful while I was in Italy last year!
- Uber – Can’t find a cabbie? Call an UBER. Everyone’s go-to these days, UBER has disrupted the transportation market. Simply plug in your destination, call your Uber, and go.
- Airbnb – If you’re looking to have a local experience without spending the big bucks, AirBnB’s got you covered. Rent out an entire home or a room in someone’s home just about anywhere in the world. A perfect option for budget travelers or groups.
- Yelp – I use Yelp to find the best food joints in any city I’m in; I read the reviews, look at pictures of what someone else ordered and see how many ratings they have. You can make reservations or find important information like business addresses or hours of operation. While I use it mainly for finding the best food, you can also find a lot of other business listings like spa, shopping or nightlife options.
- Google Maps – Never get lost again! Google Maps is my go-to navigational tool when I travel. I love the ease of use and I love that I can find just about any restaurant, museum or hole in the wall joint. You can find the best transportation routes or public transportation options to get you where you need to go. Remember, you can also map and save directions when you are offline or have crappy internet.
- XE Currency Converter – To quickly find out the currency rates or to see how far your money is going to go while traveling internationally, this is the app for you. Calculate live currency and foreign exchange rates with this free app that supports over 170 currencies.
Did I forget to mention that all of these apps are free? Yep! So, what’s on your phone? What’s your favorite app while traveling?