Issa and the gang are back and I think I can speak for us all when I say, ‘it’s about time’!! Insecure has fast become a cult favourite because of its ability to portray life basically as we all endure it, a raw, emotional, tough, unfair rollercoaster ride filled with ups and downs. I know I can’t be the only person to sit in front of the t.v. and say “me too girl, me too.”
The third season kicked off on Sunday with its premiere episode, “Better-Like” and let’s just say it literally returned with a bang! I’ll try to keep spoilers to a minimum, so thank me later. In this episode, we get to explore the dynamics of Issa & Daniel’s living arrangement, which, let’s say is very complicated and messy. We also get to sympathize with Issa as she endures her demotion at her job from hell and her attempts at a side hustle, and we also get to roll our eyes as Molly continues to press on with her situationship with Dro.
I’m sorry, but I know the team at Insecure is trying to mimic life, but I’m still mourning the loss of Lawrence this season. I am still holding on to hope that there will be some reconciliation a la Bey + Jay. There just has to!
But, anyways….I still haven’t told you all where I’m going with this, hey?! Back in the day, I use to review a few of my favourite shows in a hilarious format (well I thought it was hilarious), called “How I Watched’ and I thought now would be a great time to bring it all the way back. Basically, I will be detailing the way I watch Insecure, in real time, in real life.
So, without further ado, let’s hop right into Insecure’s, “Better-like”.
- What in the Rated R mess…
- Ooooh, Issa. I know you not….
- Oh, girl. Just leave.
- Throw the entire car away sis.
- Is this The Bahamas though?
- Ok, Molly with the melanin!
- “I’m from Cinncinati.” – LMAO
- But, you know this is house right, girl?
- Is this a new office?
- But, I kinda like this song tho….”baby, baby, babyyyy.”
- Me to every Uber drive. *in my head tho*
- Oh, so that’s why Issa didn’t move in with Molly.
- Mum so shady.
- The chemistry…..
- Issa you a liar girl.
- Gad damnit Molly. Smt.
- Didn’t Dro have a baby, irl?
- Ohhhhh, feeelings.
- Damn pancakes….get to stepping.
- You KNOW he lieing.
- Issa, you need a new job hunny.
- How much Lyft paid for this ad tho?
- Ok, Cardi. I see you!
- Nathan is cayute! Wasn’t he in How To Get Away With Murder?
- This bout to go all the way left. I can feel it.
- “Nah you good.” – Yea, left.
- LOLOLOL *real tears* All the way left!
- I need a minute!!!!!!
- SO you just gonna sit on the arm of the chair though?
- Oh, Issa. Just be honest!
- This is why you shoulda never moved in with Daniel!
- So…..that’s it?
- Molly, you hella annoying. Sis, this not your man.
- Dro shut the hell up!
- Oh hellllll nah. Give the woman her dang keys!
- Kinda here for Issa and Lyft bae Nathan.
- I’m also kinda here for her and Daniel.
- I miss Lawrence.
And just like that, I’m back like I never left. Hope you all enjoyed the return of ‘How I Watched’, and Insecure’s Season 3 premiere, see ya next week!