When ever I’m traveling long or short term, I have a list of tried and true travel items/products that I can’t just can not live without and I ensure that I don’t leave home without. These are like my ‘holy grail’ of travel necessities. I mean, yea, lets admit it, you probably can just pick up any item that you forget, but if you forget even the most basic necessity, it adds up, and we’re not trying to buy things that we already have…right?!
Remember, we’re on a budget!
To ensure that I’m always comfy and prepared to take on any adventure, here are ’14 Items I Never Leave Home Without’.
- Passport – You’re not going to go far without this!
- Driver’s License – If you are renting a vehicle, this is an absolute must. Also, I don’t like to travel with my passport once I’ve reached my destination, depends, so I always like to have an additional id.
- Cash & Bank Cards – I love to travel with a mixture of the two. You need a card for hotel incidentals or in case you have an emergency.
- Converter or Adapter – Many countries use different power voltages therefore if you want power, you need one or the other.
- iPhone – C’mon, we need to document the magic and keep in touch with family and friends.
- Headphones – A major must to drown out airplane noise.
- Laptop/Tablet – I usually dump all of my images on my computer and also blog on the go.
- Portable Charger – A dead cell phone is no use to anyone.
- Skyroam (Internet) – On the go wifi! So necessary.
- Point & Shoot Camera – While my cell phone does the job, I love having options and using my camera to do more.
- Medicine (Advil, Benadryl, Vitamins) – There is a good chance you may become sick. Carrying your go-to medicine will save you a lot of money and many pharmacies around the world don’t carry the same things you may be use to. Keep it safe.
- Hoodie (Sweater) – For some reason airports and airplanes are necessarily cold! Always carry a sweater.
- Sunglasses – Hide those tired traveling eyes.
- Lip balm – Cracked lips? Oh noooo
- Hand Sanitizer or Wipes – Trust me, you’ll need it.
What are your must-have travel items? Did I miss anything out? I’d love to hear!
LET’S KEEP IN TOUCH!