This summer, I have some pretty exciting experiences awaiting. I am so grateful for the continued opportunites to travel the world and share those experiences. In just a few days I will be jetting to the Middle East to see the Bible come to life with my friends and family for the Holyland Kingdom Experience tour.
This will be my second year in Israel, and it is truly a trip I love! Throughout the year I am actively involved in the planning process with the HKE team, and seeing the fruits of our labour come to life is simply gratifiying. Seeing the stories of the Bible come to life right before your very eyes is something special, its a spiritual experience for sure.
But, before I get to my destination, there’s the journey! My flight time from The Bahamas to Tel Aviv consists of two flights totalling 14 hours! Yep, you read that right, a long 14 hours. So, I have to be intentional with packing the necessities in order to enjoy the journey. Today I’m sharing my must-have travel necessities for long flights
- Face Wipes – I will never use airplane water to wash my face, therefore a handy alternative I use and love is facial wipes. Before I take a nap and as we are about to land, I freshen up my face with some face wipes. I also use these to wipe down my tray and hand rest.
- Backpack – I love a good backpack because it holds all of my travel necessities and leaves my hands free to do whatever they need to do. On long flights, I pack so many things to carry on a plane, that it makes more sense to use a backpack that has compartments versus a purse.
- Headphones – Block out the noise around you, including that person whose trying their hardest to make conversation next to you with a really good pair of headphones. Most of your time probably will also be spent watching the inflight entertainment and you don’t want to be stuck with airline provided headphones.
- Socks – If my feet are cold on a flight, I will be cold, to ensure that I am comfy and warm, I travel with a pair of socks. On a 10 plus hour flight, I 100% will not keep my shoes on instead opt to stretch my legs by walking around in my socks.
- Sweater/Jacket – I’m cold when I’m not on an airplane, imagine when I’m on one. I have to pack a warm sweater or I will be miserable the entire flight. I suggest something wooly or cotton. One time I made the mistake of take a denim jacket and was freezing for 9 hours!
- Blanket – Reinforcements loves, reinforcements. While a sweater or a warm jacket may work for you, I need to be wrapped up like a cocoon to get some beauty rest. Airline blankets tend to be on the thinner side, and I’ve found a few hairs, a few too many times, in new blankets to ever think they clean them well enough.
- Lip Balm – You can get super dehydrated on flights because of the air quality. Moisture is sucked from your body and one of those places is your lips. I hate chapped lips therefore I always pack a lip balm or moisturizer and drink lots of water to ensure I am hydrated.
- Book/Magazine – There’s only so many movies I can watch, therefore I always ensure I carry a few good books or magazines with me to pass the time away. Depending on my load, I will opt for ebooks to make things a little lighter.
And there you have it! My must-have travel necessities for long flights! I know that we’re all different and our needs can and will vary, so I want to hear some of your necessities! What are some things you just can’t leave at home?!