Contrary to popular belief I don’t spend every waking moment of my life traveling. I actually have a job, one that allows me the flexibility to travel a lot. If I could spend my entire life traveling the world, I would, but that’s not realistic right now. So, what do I do when I’m not able to travel?
I go on a staycation! I’m sure you have heard of the term but, if you haven’t, it simply means stay-at-home-vacation. Traveling eats into my finances, a lot; accommodations, plane tickets, food and any other travel related expense sometimes leaves me without the ability to do anything. So I have to get creative and think of fun, free or low cost activities to do at home.
In need of some ideas? Here are “10 Things To Do On A Staycation”.
- Go To The Beach – Living on an island, that’s not hard for me to find. If you don’t have a beach, find a pool. Get some friends and play a few rounds of volleyball or soccer.
- Have A Picnic – Many communities have green spaces or parks. Pack a few sandwiches, soft-drinks, beers (if you can consume outside), snacks and make it a day out.
- Have A Game Night – One of my personal favorites; cooking, and inviting friends over to play Uno, Scrabble, Cards Against Humanity or some other fun game.
- Go To Lunch/Brunch – Explore the neighborhood and try a new restaurant.
- Go To The Theatre – I haven’t been to watch a play in my community in years. I’ve promised myself the next time a show comes up, I’ll catch one.
- Go To The Museum – Living in New York City during college was an amazing experience. There are so many free activities available, one being the museums. Go and see the amazing art and historical artifacts available.
- Family Reunion – Catch up with your family. Life is so fast, and we get so caught up that we forget to call and visit our parents and our siblings. During a staycation, hop in your car and house hop. Catch up and have a few laughs.
- Go On A Road Trip – That can be challenging if you live on an island that is only 7×21, but it’s doable. As a child, my favourite day was Sunday. It was the day we just hopped in the car after church, got ice-cream and just cruised the island.
- Hug The Couch – You can do it all or absolutely nothing. Remember, it’s still a vacation. Napping and resting on the couch are viable options! I love to catch up on all my favourite shows and movies that I missed out on because of traveling. Netflix and chill my friends!
- Spa Day – A spa day will change your life! Get a facial, massage, get your hair and nails done. It’s therapeutic, reenergizing and refreshing!
When was your last staycation? Did I miss out on anything?
LET’S KEEP IN TOUCH!