New year, new skin! If you know me, you know I love healthy skin. I’m always chasing the best products and procedures to keep my skin looking and feeling healthy. For me, it’s a must to establish good practices, and that means a good routine incorporated with facials. Last week, I had the opportunity to try out a Green Peel, an all-natural facial, that helps to exfoliate and renew the skin.
I had never heard about this peel until a friend in South Africa mentioned it to me, and surprisingly, a local spa home, (in The Bahamas) recently started to offer the service. I had seen the before and after images and I was like, nah, no way! After much hesitation, I decided to reach out to them to try it out!
Skin Solutions Day Spa & Salon graciously offered to partner with SHESOMAJOR to shed some light on the Green Peel!
Here’s everything you need to know!
- What is a Green Peel? A green peel is an all-natural treatment, that is used to exfoliate the skin. It helps to renew the skin, it helps to fade hyperpigmentation, treat sun spots, fine lines, and acne. It has microparticles in it that are massaged into the skin which helps to renew the skin from within and is a safe alternative to chemical peels, laser, and prescription acne medications.
- How Does It Work? The enzymes contained in the powder dissolve and digest old skin cells from the skin’s outer layers and provide bio-stimulation to new skin cells. When the solution is massaged into the skin, it creates microscopic irritation that activates a wound healing response.
- What skin types are best suited for a green peel? If you have oily skin, dry skin, fine lines, acne, hyperpigmentation and you want to polish things up, this peel is for you. The only skin type not advised for this peel is inflamed and sensitive skin.
- How long does it take to peel? I got the Green Peel done on a Sunday, by Tuesday morning, there were small signs of peeling, as the day progressed, it was full-blown. I was very self-conscious when the peeling began and did not leave the house if I did not have to.
- How do you take care of the skin after the peel? Whew, your skin will be flushed, and sensitive to touch due to the microparticles. I could not touch my skin and waited 24 hours before I washed. I got some products from the spa to hydrate my skin and gently cleansed, toned, moisturized and applied sunscreen. It’s not a process for the weak! I’m telling you.
- Did it clear up your skin? The result speaks for itself. I was skeptical, but after my first green peel, I’m in love. My skin is considerably clearer, smoother and more polished looking. I’ve gotten so many compliments after just one. I do still have hyperpigmentation spots because I am a picker and those spots are deeper. While the green peel addresses dark marks, I would’ve needed 2 or 3 sessions to completely address all of my spots. I am 100% pleased with my results. I have zero regrets.
- Where can I get a green peel? Aside from the face, a green peel can be done on your back and your chest. I plan to get a green peel done on my back to address my dark spots as a result of my hair products leaking onto my back. I might also do my chest to address the spots from hormonal breakouts.
They should’ve never given me clear skin! ? If you see me acting brand new, it’s because I got a new attitude! ? Just joking, I love the way my skin looks now and I’m proud to rock it make up free! If you want to know more about this natural treatment, visit Natila and the team at Skin Solutions!
Watch the full Green Peel process over at Youtube.com/SheSoMajor – don’t forget to subscribe!