Is it just me who feels there is a level of growth and maturity so far in the third season of our cult fav, Insecure? “Familiar-Like”, the second episode of Insecure zoned in on Issa’s dire financial situation and it saw the return of our favourite, Kelli. Issa’s maturity leads her to sit down with Kelli, an accountant, who pretty much tells puts things into perspective for her, she has an awful credit score, and she definitely is in no position to rent her own apartment. So, what does a girl do? She begs Daniel for a bit more time crashing on the couch at the risk of angering his gf/partner Vanessa, who safe to say, probably won’t be around for much longer.
The chemistry between Issa and Daniel is undeniable, so is the mutual respect and support which can be seen when Issa nudges Daniel to the club to network with a music artist. Without spoiling the episode too much, let’s just say Issa dishes out pretty good life advice. Her relationship with Daniel is blossoming this season, and while I do miss Lawrence and the messiness of it all, I’m looking forward to seeing where their relationship will end up.
Even though the episode was a bit slower than we’re used to, I enjoyed it quite a bit. So let’s just jump right into this week’s ‘How I Watched’.
- Beep Beeeeeep Beeeep! *Literally dying*
- Oh, hey Kelllllz!
- Issa, just move in with Molly.
- Is this just weird to me? Daniel has a gf, and Issa’s on his couch…..
- Lightskin love….Daniel she’s not the one for you.
- I kinda like Issa and Daniel.
- I still miss Lawrence though.
- Poor Issa. Someone remind me again, how’d Issa lose all of her money?
- I feel like Issa and I can be besties.
- You got a table….but you can’t even get in the club. Men and egos…
- “Make sure your card don’t decline.” Petttttty
- I really like Issa and Daniel.
- Daniel is hella awkward.
- Well, that escalated!
- Look at Issa, giving life advice.
- I kinda like where this is going.
See y’all next week!