The biggest shopping week is finally here! Creating a game plan for Black Friday & Cyber Monday is a necessity if you’re going to take advantage of the amazing deals and limit the stress and frustration of it all. I’ve already mapped out all of the things I want to purchase between this week and next and it feels amazing!
If you’ve not even thought about it yet, no worries! Tis’ the season to share the secrets! I’ve put together some of my all-time favorite Black Friday & Cyber Monday shopping tips to help you manage this major shopping event!
- Create A Wish List – If you’re going to stick to the budget you’ve created for yourself, making a wish list of all the things that you need and want to purchase during this shopping period is essential. Log on to your favorite online stores, bookmark your favorites and make note of the prices. Not only will this save you time but it will also save you from purchasing unnecessary items! If you’re going to be using this time to purchase gifts for others, decide before Black Friday what you’re going to be buying them so you can take advantage of the great deals.
- Create A Budget – There’s no shortage of great sales during the Thanksgiving season and you’ll likely be bombarded with so many great deals that it’s imperative to create a budget to keep yourself out of trouble. A week or two before Black Friday, sit down and create a realistic budget that meets your holiday needs and stick to it. You will be tempted to spend more than you’ve budgeted but let’s try not to.
- Get Up Early – Set your alarms and get up and out of the house early to beat the crowds. Black Friday can get pretty hectic and things will fly off of the racks and shelves so you’re going to want to be one of the first shoppers in the store. Not only are you able to get the first pick of what’s up for sale but the earlier you’re out, the quicker you can get back home and spend time with family.
- Shop At Home – Online shopping is probably one the greatest revolutions of our time. You don’t have to fight crowds, you don’t have to get out of your warm bed, all you need is your wallet and your phone or computer and you’re in it to win it! Many retailers have the same promotions running online as they do in stores so there’s no need to leave the house for anything!
- Sign Up For Newsletters – Sign up to your favourite store’s email newsletter to get the inside scoop on secret sales and codes and coupons. Many businesses incentivize their email list by giving them first dibs on sales or announcing their sales right to your inbox. Never miss a sale again!
What are some of your favourite tips for the shopping season? I’d love to hear them! P.S. Once again this year I will be searching from the best shopping deals and compiling them right here on the blog!