February 14 is heading our way like a speeding bullet, what’s it going to be? Dinner in an overpacked restaurant with slow service because everyone decided to do the same ole thing or, are you going to say no to monotony and dare to shake things up a bit?
I say hell yeah! Let’s do something different but still special, memorable and non-cliche with the one you love! There are so many things that you can do, but here are some of my favourite Valentine’s Day ideas. You can choose one or if you’re super fancy, choose a couple and make it a day!
- Dinner With A Twist: If you’re not the chef in charge at home, use this opportunity to surprise your significant other with their favourite meal. Even if you’re not the most amazing cook, I assure you, you’ll earn brownie points just for trying! Set the table, pop a bottle of vintage wine and Netflix an old classic and enjoy a night of love. If you’re afraid you’ll burn down the kitchen, hire a personal chef for the heavy lifting.
- Spa Night: Have a pamper party for two! Grab some personalized robes, essential oils, press play on some Sade Adu and spend your evening working the kinks out of bae back with an at-home massage. If you’re going all in, add in a manicure and a pedicure to make it special.
- Picnic: It’s February, if you don’t live in The Bahamas, or somewhere not brutally cold, then a picnic may not be the best idea for you, but, if you do let’s do it! I suggest a sunset beach picnic, complete with wine, chocolates, and some tasty snacks.
- Fly Away: A change of scenery is always a good idea. Surprise your loved one with a spontaneous surprise trip and fly away to somewhere you’ll both enjoy. Maybe a destination or a place that holds a special memory in your relationship. Of course, this is a bit more elaborate and will take a little bit of extra planning but it so worth it.
- Skip The Gifts: Take the day off and just be present. Society puts so much pressure on the large bouquet of roses, chocolates and the gifts that sometimes it’s ok to do nothing and buy nothing. Spend the day together doing the things you love, and remind each other why you fell in love in the first place. Take a trip down memory lane, make an album with your greatest moments together or share handwritten notes.
Remember, there’s no right or wrong way to do Valentine’s Day. Just do it your way, and remember, every day is a day worth giving love.