Are you and your lover running out of date night ideas? It’s ok, I think it’s safe to say we’ve never been subjected to mandatory quarantine or country-wide shutdowns. Yes, we’re longing to get out of the house and return to our obligatory date night routine but we’ve got some waiting to do. It’s time to switch up the usual dinner and a movie in lieu of something a little more exciting.
Just because we’re stuck inside doesn’t mean we can’t continue to cultivate and nurture our relationships. Here are some fun ideas that you can use to plan your upcoming date night!
- Backyard BBQ: If you have a backyard (or access to one), light up the grill and throw on some kebabs, burgers, or some ribs! In most places, the weather is pleasant enough to throw out a blanket on the porch or grass, and have yourself a picnic under the stars. Nothing changes your mood like a little fresh air and stargazing. Romantic, right?
- Virtual Game Night: Are you dying for some outside interaction? Make it a double date! We know, we know, it’s not the same but having a virtual game night with your best friends can be, sort of lit! There are so many games that can be played online, just choose your favourite, bring the specialty drinks and it’s a date!
- Club Quarantine: Since DJ D-Nice kicked off Club Quarantine, you can find just about every DJ in town spinning hits. Throw on your finest pajamas, and head to any of the virtual clubs and hit the dancefloor at home with bae! The best part about the club is you don’t have to put on makeup, the drink line is short and you don’t need to Uber home! Kind perfect!
- Chef It Up: Who is the best cook in the house? Infuse some competitiveness into your date night by having a cook-off! Pick a dish that both of you love and let the cooking challenge begin. Another good idea can be to have your very own Quarantine Chopped. Pick some random and weird food items and make a chopped meal! The best meal wins date night!
- Spa Day: Everyone’s been a little stressed over the past few months, and can all need a little massage therapy! Transform your standing date night into a day or evening at the spa. Go back and forth massaging those muscle aches and kinks or take it a bit further with a mani/pedi combo. Just light a candle put on a soothing soundtrack and it’s date night, the wellness edition!